This is the time to be proactive and plan ahead for the future. Change is inevitable, and therefore there hasn’t been a better time to start putting things into motion with the upgrade to Microsoft 365 and Windows 10.
The affected products in 2019 and 2020 are:
- SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 (End of Support Date: July 9, 2019)
- Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 (End of Support Date: January 14, 2020)
- Exchange Server 2010 (End of Support Date: January 14, 2020)
- Windows 7 (End of Support Date: January 14, 2020)
- Office 2010 Client (End of Support Date: October 13, 2020)
- SharePoint 2010 (End of Support Date: October 13, 2020)
- Project Server 2010 (End of Support Date: October 13, 2020)
All of these widely used products are reaching their end of life and it is time to take action. Fortunately you can quickly get ahead wit the following products:
- Replacing Windows Server 2008 is Cloud based Azure and Windows Server 2019. With Azure you can easily re-host your SQL Server 2008 and receive free security updates. The cloud based Azure is cost efficient, easy to customize and most important of all secure. With Windows Server 2019 you can easily migrate from Sever 2008 on premise, helping your business stay secure and up to date.
- As support for Windows 7 is ending in 2020, it is paramount that you think about moving to Windows 10. Even though 2020 seems far away, not acting now can prove costly later. Upgrading to Windows 10 will mean you can rest assured that you get the latest updates, strongest security and on demand support.
- SharePoint and Office 2010 is also reaching their end of life and replacing them are Microsoft 356 and the new Office 365. With this update everything is moved to the cloud, which makes it easier to work across clients off and on site. You receive the best-in class apps and services, helping increase your productivity and safeguard your data.
Change is hard, change can be scary, but it can also be exciting and necessary. By migrating to these new products you future-proof your clients and accelerate your business. Working in the cloud is no longer just a buzzword, but actually a viable solution, which will help you coordinate and boost your outcome.
Switching to a modern desktop with Windows 10 and Office 365, means your security is up to date. Office 365 comes with built-in features to help you protect sensitive data, stay in control in the cloud, and meet your compliance needs, making sure you stay GDPR compliant.
For those of us in IT, this is a time to think about how to deliver the modern, empowering workplace for your business in a cloud-connected world.
Here at Mindcore we specialize in client environment upgrades. We are experts in Windows 10, Office 365 and Azure, and can help you achieve a smooth transition into the new era of cloud computing.
To learn more about how we can help you though this crucial transition, contact us at email@example.com